A Property Manager is a title given to someone who is focused on managing your asset not just the property. How do you choose a Property Manager? Property management has become a serious business and it is no longer as easy as selecting the real estate agency with the cheapest fees.
When selecting a Property Manager you need to choose someone who knows the law and is confident in applying the law. You need to choose someone who will pay attention to the finer details and continually strives to maximise the return of your investment.
Education, ongoing training programs and seminars are also important for a Property Manager to keep abreast of changing legislation and market conditions. Property Management is no longer just collecting rent; it is a comprehensive management service where you need a professionally trained Property Manager. Our Property Management team is experienced in all areas of Property Management and our ongoing training ensures that you are receiving the very BEST service available.
We will care for your property as though it was our own.
Questions To Ask When Engaging a Property Manager
- How long have they been a Property Manager?
- What formal training have they undertaken?
- What procedural systems do they have in place?
- Do they attend regular training courses to keep abreast with legislation and industry changes?
- Are they a member of the Real Estate Institute?
- Do they hand out keys to prospective tenants or do they accompany them to the property?
- What is their policy on managing arrears?
- When will you receive your money?
- How often do they carry out fair market reviews?
BEWARE of cheap fees! If an agency is offering a discounted fee, you can be sure they will also be offering a discounted service. If they discount on fees, they may easily discount on the rent when negotiating with tenant.